A few posts ago, I talked about learning that what I thought was a basil plant is actually a marigold plant. I’m over the
disappointment shock and had decided to just go with the flow and grow this plant. And then all of a sudden:
Bad butt Cookie knocked my plant off the windowsill and the flowering stem broke almost completely off! I about lost it. Mostly because I’d put off repotting the plant way too long. Perhaps the pot wouldn’t have moved as easily if it were the heavier one I was planning on putting it in. A few gardening friends told me I could likely save the plant so I went ahead today and got the stuff to do just that.
Now the marigold plant sits in a much larger pot. I shouldn’t need to move it for a while now.
Since this window doesn’t get enough sunlight I was going to get special bulbs to simulate sunlight and keep the plant elsewhere in the livingroom. I did purchase a grow bulb, though right now I’m not sure if it truly will help. If this doesn’t work out, at least someone will get a nice bag of organic potting mix! ;)
Craftwise, I’ve been crocheting a bunch of those Springtime Coasters, and this pattern has taken over as my hurry-up-and-wait/appointment/commute project. I’ve made so many(and I don’t even entertain!) so some lucky friends will be seeing a few land on their doorsteps! ;)
I haven’t sewn in who knows how long. I’ve come to grips with the fact that I am NOT going to finish the first iteration of the full dress from Simplicity 2660 with the fabric I started with. I have, however, gotten an urge to make another top like this one:
I plan on using what’s left of the dress fabric to make a test garment(or muslin) of a modified Simplicity 2618 top. When I bought the pattern I couldn’t really tell that the front neckline was pleated. I thought it was gathered peasant-style. I’m thinking, though, that I can simply cut the top as is, gathering the unpleated center area with a drawstring or elastic. It should be easy to do. And if it works out, I won’t have to buy a pattern specifically for that type of blouse.
I want to at least start this project this weekend. The first shirt went fairly fast, so maybe I’ll get to wear it on Monday! :)
That is, if I don’t get sucked into more coaster-crocheting.